This is a tentative commitment, and it is all yet to be confirmed.
Moving over 100 bikes and people around the Bay is no easy task and there are number of variables which may mean the event can't go ahead.
2. We won't be able to hold our usual Morning Tea in Chelsea, and our usual stop in Mornington is now a pedestrian mall. But we may now be able to catch the earlier 12 midday ferry.
3. Road closures. Special last minute running or cycling events. The railway crossing removals on Nepean Hwy. The tunnel works at the Altona Nth, Williamstown end.
4. Also, given the annual growth of the ride, the club needs to decide whether it's a members ride or continues to be open to the general public.
Watch this space!
The information below is from the last event
A ride for everyone. A core group rides around the bay on a tight schedule involving as many riders as possible. The target is 100 + rider participation. You can ride one, two legs, or right the way round. It's all about your choice. Be at one the meeting points with a full tank and geared up and ready to ride. It's open to all scooters, but we organize primarily for the Vespa Club of Australia.
It's a charity ride, so there's a $10 ride levy, donated to our Cambodia Project. Register at a meeting point and get your badge.
7.00 AM Geelong. The Edge Cafe. Refuel when you get to Yarraville so that you can make it home. Breakfast orders in too for Yarraville.
8.30 AM Yarraville. Cafe Alfa (Yarraville Stn car park) Good breakfast with free coffee too. Drinks here in the afternoon too.
9.00 AM St Kilda. Shakespeare Grove car park along Luna Park. A big meeting point! Be ready to go when the ride arrives.
10.40 AM Chelsea. Morning Tea by members Stefan and Ira at their home at 8 Village Cr. Thank them very much.
11.30 AM Mornington. Main St opposite DOCs. Regroup only. Don't gear down, we ride as soon as tail rider is in.
1.00 PM Sorrento Ferry. $20 cash for Vespa Club members. $30 cash others. Have small notes ready to pay Julie as you pass through the gate.
Lunch is on the ferry. Bring something nutritious to eat, (or use the kiosk). We need you fed and alert for the rest of the ride.
1.45 PM Queenscliff - ride to Port Arlington. Don't miss the beauty of this ride. We'll refuel there. 'Buddy up' and share the pumps to save time.
3.30 PM. We'll leave Geelong, through Corio and Lara. North of Little River we'll join the freeway. Unavoidable if we are to get you home. Don't worry. We'll ride as one big convoy at a speed to suit all. We will look after you all the way.
- We can't stop for breakdowns. If you have an issue then you'll need to be prepared to deal with it.
- The ride is organised and marshalled so that everyone has a good time. If you are not a member then you are our guest! We ask that you to follow the directions of the ride marshals and ride safely. We reserve the right to exclude you from the ride if we consider that you are putting other riders at risk.