2012 GTV 300 Via Della Modella problem

Hello everybody.

Went for a 30 minute ride this morning and after 25 minutes Vespa cut out while waiting at a set of lights. It would not turn over to re start it. No clicking noise or anything. I pushed it over to the footpath and then it started. Lucky I  was only 2 kilometres from home and rode it there. When I got home I turned it off then it would not start again. It was like trying to start the Vespa without the key in the ignition. I pushed the starter button and there was nothing  After the 5th push it started. I know my fuel gauge is playing up but I did have 1/2 a tank.Here is a picture of when I turn the key on. Cecked the oil and water yesterday and all was okay. Any ideas why this would just suddenly stop and how can I fix it.

Thank you and have a great Easter 8745656296?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a Registered User of Vespa Club of Melbourne to add comments!

Join Vespa Club of Melbourne

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

Hi Tony Interested to know if you found out what the problem was!

I hired a trailer and took it to Roberto (The Vespa Wizard) in Moorabbin. He took it for a ride and checked out a few things and could not find anything wrong. I have since ridden it and it appears to be just fine. It has been suggested if it happens again, I need to have someone hook it up to a diagnostic tool. Thank you (See you Sunday the 25th for brekkie)

Tony, with your fuel gauge not working - could the two faults be related?  

The first fault you describe (cutting out) and the second (not starting at crank) all sound electrical in nature.

A loose connector in being the speedo assembly perhaps.  Perhaps touching the kill switch terminals or the ignition circuit?

Pop the speedo out for a quick look - maybe something obvious is loose?

I have the same model. haven't experienced anything like that. Sounds like a loose connection, certainly sounds like an electrical fault

Thank you. Just really bizarre. First time it has ever stopped. Lucky I was close to home. It has started 3 times since this happened. Bit worried about leaving the house for a ride though.

Maybe a Dud battery try jumping it with another battery!

Thank you. Battery is fairly new

Thanks Gavin. Battery is good. I think I will have to take it somewhere to get looked at. 

Battery terminal's, fuse's !

Do you have a red kill switch on the handle bar, that you may have hit by accident!

This reply was deleted.